Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Back online

Hmmm... So, you may have noticed I haven't posted in a while. In fact, you probably won't have noticed, because you don't exist, but anyway...

I've been busy...

For the last few months I've been working on a large app dev and integration project for a Defence client. The project has been focused around the provision of a web-based application to manage design data related to the electrical system for products that are assembled by the client. The most challenging (and hence interesting) part of the project has been that the design for the electrical system actually comes from an international design authority. So the majority of design data within the application, as well as design drawing files, are actually authored in another country, and need to be integrated into our application. I won't go into the details of the business, communication, and technical challenges (which were many), but in the end our solution has been based on a combination of system and human processes supported by technologies including SQL Server (database engine, integration services, and transactional replication), Oracle (database engine), .NET (ASP.NET, WCF) and BizTalk. The solution is now nearing system and acceptance testing, and initial results and feedback have been very positive.

Right in the middle of that project, I had the opportunity to start a new role with Chamonix IT Consulting (http://www.chamonix.com.au/). I've just started with Chamonix this month, and my focus here will be on enterprise architecture, integration, and the Cloud. It's a very exciting opportunity for me, particularly given that Chamonix is really just getting started - I'm looking forward to helping create the culture of a new IT consuluting busines, working with some great people, and with a particular focus on the Cloud.

So, I hope that explains in part why I haven't posted in a while.

What you should see in the next few days and weeks are quite a number of posts I've had in my backlog, so hopefully I'll be as good as my word and you'll see them soon. There's (I think) some pretty cool content to come, including some experiences I've had with BizTalk, WCF, ASP.NET, and Entity Framework over the last few months. I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment