Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hi there!


Hi, and welcome to my first blog post!

My name is Dave Sampson, and I'm a software IT consultant located in Adelaide, Australia. I've been in the IT industry over 10 years, working in government, and as part of both small and large IT shops. Technically, I've focused mainly on the Microsoft platform, but more recently have been expanding my horizons into the Oracle / Java world. My focus is primarily on application and connected systems development, which on the Microsoft platform means a whole lot of .NET, SQL Server, WCF, and BizTalk Server.

Anyway, this blog is intended to share my experiences through my consulting career. There'll be a whole lot of deep technical stuff that you may or may not find useful, but from the fact that I'm posting it, I've probably found it useful at some stage. Hopefully there'll also be just as much consulting and professional skills sharing, because I'm always keen to learn and share about new, better, or just different ways of doing things.

I'm going to try to commit to posting once a week about something. As I'm moving from an internal blog, some of my posts will likely be re-posts of old [censored internal] material that I still think is relevant. And moving forward, you'll hopefully hear all about the ups and downs of my consulting career and the technical and professional challenges I've faced.

So anyway, after putting it off for a few weeks now, here's my first post. Hopefully it won't be so long til the next one.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment